2) We were generously given some peafowl last week. One peacock(who seems to have vacated the premises) and a peahen with a few peachicks. I like them. A lot.
3) The weather here has been very fall-ish and lovely. Cool rainy days that smell sooo good and lovely crisp sunny days, too.
4) I love closing up my chicken coop after dark when it's rainy because the night crawlers are all out doing their night crawler thing. I just walk around pointing my flashlight at the ground and watching them vwoop back into their holes.
5) My sweet Mattie dog was bitten by a rattlesnake last weekend. She was very swollen and sad, but is much improved now, thank heavens.
6) I am ready for some football!
7) Campfires are good for the soul. A few s'mores don't hurt, either.
top: me, A, and C ~ the fire pit builders!
bottom: Mr. M, my sis Jen, C, me, and A